Are you concerned about your daily screen time?
Since the beginning of the year, I've made a real effort to cut down my average screen time on my iPhone. The weekly roundup notifications were starting to become concerning. So in the interest of being honest, I can say I was proud to reduce my daily screen time to less than three hours in January - this is down from some previously scary highs of over 6 hours a day on my phone!
In this article, we'll explore effective ways to reduce your screen time and achieve a digital detox.
Many of us are tied to our screens in different ways, whether it's for work, social connections, or entertainment. But excessive screen time can lead to negative effects on our health and wellbeing. That's where the digital detox comes in - it's all about cutting out non-essential screen time and finding balance in our lives.
So, how can you reduce your screen time? Here are our top tips for a successful digital detox:
- Let People Know In Advance: Inform your friends and family of your digital detox plans, so they know how to reach you and won't worry about your absence.
- Mute Your Notifications: Some apps are essential, but you don't need to be bombarded with notifications. Muting them can help you check them on your own terms.
- Fill Your Time: Reading a book, taking up a hobby, or spending time with loved ones can keep you away from your phone.
- Be Mindful: Before mindlessly scrolling, ask yourself why you're reaching for your phone. Is it out of boredom or habit?
- Remind Yourself Why: Remember why you started your digital detox and how it will benefit you. This can help you stay motivated and committed to your goals.
By following these tips, you can reduce your screen time and achieve a healthier balance in your life.