Feel Good Story

Dog saves sleeping owners from carbon monoxide poisoning

The saying “dogs are man’s best friend” never becomes less true.

When Brad Harbert of Iowa went to bed on the night of December 13th, he didn’t expect his faithful Roxy to be jumping on top of him mere hours later.

It turns out that even though Brad hadn’t heard the faint beeps of his carbon monoxide detector, Roxy had – and was keen to warn Brad and the rest of his family.

Luckily, Brad and Roxy were able to help the rest of the family spring into action and call the fire department before any harm was caused.

Officials with Brad’s energy company confirmed that the odorless carbon monoxide was leaking out of the family’s electric and gas fireplace.

According to the NHS, each year there are around 60 deaths from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in England and Wales.

Now might be a good time to check your detector – or at least look into getting your very own Roxy 🐶

Wellbeing Champions Newsletter

Monthly collection of news, wellbeing updates, lifestyle tips, and feel-good stories - delivered right to your inbox every third Thursday.

☕ Five-minute round-up. 🤐 No-spam ever. 👋 Unsubscribe at any time.
Privacy policy for the fellow GDPR nerds 🤓